Beef or Lamb Paye
- Paye (trotter) – 1 or 1 ½ kg
- Beef shank – ½ kg
- Oxtail – ½ kg
- Onion – ½ kg thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – 1 bunch
- Fenugreek dry leaves – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 375g
- Turmeric powder – 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 5 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – ½ kg
- Take a large size of pan, put oxtail, beef shank and 3 tbsp of ginger garlic paste, add water and cook until done.
- Take another pan, put paye (trotters), 3 tbsp of ginger garlic paste and add water and boil until done.
- Then take a pan, put ghee and fry onion until golden brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste with ¼ cup of water to prevent burn.
- Now add fenugreek dry leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, and fry well.
- Then add oxtail and beef shank (without stock), mix well.
- Now add paye (without stock) and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add yogurt and fry until water dries.
- Now add all stock, mix well.
- Then put 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves and chopped fresh coriander.
- Cook until evaporate then cook on dum (very low heat) for 5 minutes.
- Serve after 5 to 8 minutes.
If you like to cook lamb paye (trotters), then follows the same recipe, only difference is: don’t put shank and tail.