Delicious Couscous Salad Recipe
Lots of people, who are excellent cooks, struggle how to make couscous. Couscous is the simplest of all side dishes to prepare and so when time is rare, it is the obvious choice. It can be eaten hot or cold and can be flavoured or mixed with other ingredients to make pilaf. Couscous is coarsely milled pasta wheat which is moistened and rolled with the admixture of dry flour until it forms a granular texture. Traditionally eaten in Morocco, Tunisia and other Mediterranean countries, try this delicious couscous salad recipe and you can enjoy the delights of this light, tasty and nutritious side dish.
- Couscous – 1 cup
- Water – 1 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Cayenne pepper – 1 tsp
- Chick peas – 1 1/2 cup
- Boiled potato – 2
- Fresh coriander – 1/2 cup
- Parsley – 1/4 cup
- Chopped carrot – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 3 cups
- Chicken cube – 1
- 7 spices – 1 tsp
- Take a pan, add 1 1/2 cup of water, chicken cube and 2 tbsp of butter, put on heat and bring to boil.
- Now add Couscous and cook for 1 minute, take of from flame and cover.
- Now take a pan, put 1 tbsp of butter and sauté onion, and then add carrots, chickpeas, cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add garlic, fresh coriander, parsley and fry.
- Then add potato, salt and mix well.
- Now in another pan add tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, 7 spices and stir well, cook until start boiling then add fried vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now pop Couscous with fork and mix in cooked vegetables mixture and serve.