Oily Scalp – Causes
Our scalp consists of sebaceous glands that produce oil or sebum, which is further absorbed by the hair. This sebum is a wax like substance that helps to keep our hair, soft, waterproof and slender. Oily scalp is basically the result of over production of sebum by these glands.
The excess oil produced by these glands cannot be completely absorbed by the hair and hence, this oil gets accumulated over the scalp leading to formation of oily scalp. Excessive oily scalp makes the hair look greasy and untidy. If you want to know how to get rid of oily scalp, try some home remedies.
How to Get Rid of Oily Scalp?
- Malt vinegar or cider vinegar, equal quantity boiling water and neem leaves mix and rinse hair.
- Use Pine tar shampoo for dandruff.
- If you have dry hair and oily scalp then you can apply a mild conditioner to hair, but only apply to the hair ends up to the middle, and avoid the scalp. Otherwise using a conditioner is not highly recommended.
- Rosemary oil – This is a great scalp cleanser and hair root stimulator.
- Tea tree oil – It’s gentle, it works to strip excess oil, and it helps fight dandruff and bacteria.
- Eucalyptus – Helps bring the scalp back into balance by regulating the production of sebum. Relieves and reduces inflamed skin, too.
- Special Oil: White wax, olive oil, Baal jhaar, clove oil mix and apply on hair.