How to make mutton jalfrezi, Jalfrezi
is a type of curry in which marinated pieces of meat or vegetables are fried in oil and spices to produce a dry, thick sauce. It is cooked with green chilies, with the result that a jalfrezi
can range in heat from a medium dish to a very hot one. Typically those eating jalfrezi
made with chicken. But you can cook in mutton and can be served with boiled rice or naan. It is the most popular dish in Asian and UK Indian restaurants.
How to Make Mutton Jalfrezi
- Mutton – ½ kg
- Green chilli – 4 chopped
- Onion – 2 cut in cubes
- Tomato – 2 cut in cubes
- Capsicum – 1 cut in cubes
- Garlic – 3 cloves chopped
- Ginger flaks – 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander – ½ bunch
- Tomato ketchup – ¼ cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Worchester sauce – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Cloves – 2 to 3
- Green cardamom – 1 to 2
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Take a pan, add heat up oil and sauté garlic.
- Then add half ginger and mutton fry until water dries.
- Then add green cardamoms, clove, cinnamon stick and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then take out from the flame.
- Then add yogurt and put on flame, cook for 3 minutes, then add red chili, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt, mix well and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add Worchester sauce and ketchup mix well.
- Cover and cook on very low heat about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then add onion and capsicum fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, stir fry on high flame for 30 seconds.
- Garnish with ginger flacks, green chilli and fresh coriander.
- Serve with boiled rice, noodles, pasta or naan.