Kalonji Naan Recipe: Urdu - English
Kalonji Naan Recipe: Urdu – English
Kalonji Naan Recipe
- White flour – 4 cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 pinch
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Kalwanji (onion seeds) – 1 tsp
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Mix the milk, sugar, egg and 2 tablespoons of the oil in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the centre of the flour and knead.
- Adding more water if necessary to form soft dough.
- Add the remaining oil, knead again, then cover with a damp cloth and leave the dough for 15 minutes.
- Knead the dough again, cover and leave for 2-3 hours.
- About half an hour before the naan are required, to turn on the oven to the maximum heat.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls and let them rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Then on the baking sheet sprinkle onion seeds and put in the oven to heat up while the dough is resting.
- Shape each ball of dough with the palms to make an oval shape.
- Bake the naan in preheated oven until puffed up and golden brown.