How to Make Easy Black Forest Cake. Black Forest cake are the English names for the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte literally “Black Forest cherry torte“. Typically, Black Forest cake consists of several layers of chocolate sponge cake, with whipped cream, cherries and pineapple between each layer. Then the cake is decorated with additional whipped cream and grated chocolate. You can make Black Forest Pastries with the same recipe in rectangle pan and cut in slices.
How to Make Easy Black Forest Cake
Ingredients for Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- Eggs – 4
- Flour – 75 gm
- Coco power – 25 gm
- Sugar – 100 gm
- Baking powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Beat eggs until lightly fluffy, then add ground sugar and beat well on high speed for about 5 to 7 minutes, until you can see the trail in mixture and the batter doubles in volume.
- Then add vanilla essence.
- Now add sifted flour and gently fold with spatula.
- Pour the batter into the Greased 8” cake pan, and bake on Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and gas mark 4 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When it’s done, let it cool down completely and cut in 2 layers.
- Now sprinkle pineapple juice on 1 layer of cake for moist.
- Now apply cream, then place the 2nd layer and apply pineapple juice, then apply cream all over, decorate with chocolate and cherries and serve.
Ingredients for icing:
- Whipped cream – 12 ounce/300gm
- Icing sugar – 4 tbsp
- Pineapple juice – ½ cup
- Pineapple or peaches chunks – ½ cup
- Cherries – as required
- Shredded chocolate – as required
- Beat cream with icing sugar until thick.
- Divide whipped cream into 2 parts. Mix fruit in 1 part, in 2rd part put in piping bag for decoration.
- Slice the cake into 2 layers.
- Now spread pineapple juice, then fruit mix cream, then 2nd layers of cake, sprinkle pineapple juice and decorate with cream and cherries.