Naan Recipe with Yeast
- 2 cups plain white refined flour (Maida)
- 2 tsp. dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. saffron strands
- Warm the milk, Add yeast and sugar in the milk.
- Leave it undisturbed for about half any hour until it froths a bit.
- Mix some saffron into remaining 1 tbsp. milk. Keep aside.
- Mix flour and salt in large plate. Form well in centre. Add the Yeast solution you made ( as in Step 3) and Saffron Solution (as in step 4)
- Add yogurt in the flour now and knead.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and and keep aside covered for overnight.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Place the ball on a flat surface and pat it to make a big tear shaped .( Do not use the rolling pin)
- Place it into a greased baking tray and spread it more to make a big tear shape.
- Keep centre slightly thinner than edges.
- Preheat oven at 350 C ( if you have a grill section then you can use that at full heat instead)
- Sprinkle some poppy seeds on the top of the Naan.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or till done.
- Serve hot with any curry.
- You can smear some garlic paste on the Naan before cooking to make a Garlic Naan.
If you pat and spread the Naan by hand then it gives a better result ( similar to the Tandoori Naans which they cooks in the restaurants). Spreading with Rolling pin will not give that effect.