Pepperoni is a sausage with a spicy flavor that was born in the United States and is often used in making pizzas. Whoever created it was inspired by Italian salami, so we consider that its origin is truly Italian-American. If you want to use it in one of your recipes, learn how to make this pepperoni pizza. You’ll love it!
- Flour – 240 gm
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Warm water – 180 ml
- Instant yeast – 2 1/4 tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese – 200 gm
- Pizza sauce
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Pour the warm water into a bowl along with yeast and 1/2 tbsp of sugar. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt and remaining 1/2 tbsp of sugar and add into the yeast mixture. Mix and knead. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place it in a bowl and let it rest covered with a damp cloth for 40 minutes or more.
- Roll out the dough, spread over pizza sauce, mozzarella and the pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle chili flakes, garlic powder and oregano.
- Place the pepperoni pizza in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20-25 minutes.