Dal ki Khasta Kachori aur Aloo ki Tarkari |
Dal ki Khasta Kachori aur Aloo ki Tarkari
Ingredients for Dough:
- Plain flour or chapatti flour – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Melted ghee – ¼ cup
- Mix flour, ghee and salt, with water in a bowl and make a firm dough.
- Keep set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
Ingredients for Filling:
- Chana daal (lentil) – ½ cup soaked for half an hour
- Red crushed chilli – ½ tsp
- Salt – to Taste
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Boil soaked lentil and then grind with red crushed chilli, salt and garam masala powder.
- Divide the dough in portions and make balls by rolling between greased palms (to avoid sticking).
- Once it is done cover them with a moist cloth.
- Roll out one ball of dough at a time.
- You can do this by pressing with hand.
- Place one portion of lentil mixture at the centre of the circle, gather the edges in the centre and pinch to seal the ball properly.
- Make sure that it is properly sealed it will make small bursts while frying.
- Roll each ball out very gently or flatten with your hands, to approximately 5-6 cm. 2.5 inches diameter.
- Continue until all kachori are ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add kachori and deep fry from both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Now Khasta kachori is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with aloo (potato curry) tarkari.
Aloo ki Tarkari (potato curry)
- Boiled potato – ½ kg
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Red crushed chilli – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Onion seeds – ½ tsp
- Take a pan, add oil and fry cumin seeds.
- Then add boiled potato (along water), turmeric powder, red crushed chilli, salt, garam masala and onion seeds.
- Cover and cook on low heat until done.
- Then garnish with fresh coriander and green chillies.
- Serve with kachories.