Question is how to Make evaporated milk. Actually, Evaporated milk is simple milk but it has a slightly caramelized flavor, because 60 percent of water had been removed from the full cream milk. Evaporated milk is ideal for desserts, such as Ras malai, Shahi tukray, Sheer Khurma, Ice cream and many more. If you would like to make Evaporated milk at home try this easy and handy recipe at home and enjoy mostly all kind of desserts.
Ingredients you need to make 2 cups of Evaporated milk:
- Full cream milk – 4½ cups
- Take a heavy-based saucepan and add milk.
- Cook on medium heat until it comes to the boil.
- Then lower the heat to prevent the milk from burning.
- Let it simmer, stirring every couple of minutes.
- As it cooks, regularly remove and discard the skin that forms on the top of the milk.
- Cook until 2 cups are left, that means it’s reduced by 60% and it’s done.
- Strain the evaporated milk into a container and store in the fridge.
- Use within 1 week.