Serving: 4-5 persons
- 1 liter of milk (or 2 cups of powder milk dissolved in 12 cups of water)
- 4 tbs. sugar
- 5-6 green cardamom (Chhoti Ilaichi) seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios (Pistay)
- 1/2 cup chopped coconut (Narial)-dried
- 1/2 cup chopped almond (Badam)
- 1/4 cup raisins (Kishmish)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried dates (Chhuwaray)
- 1 hand full of vermicelli (sewayyan)
- 1 tsp. Kewra essence
- Wash the dry fruit and soak in a little milk for 3-4 hours.
- In a pot add milk, sugar and ilaichi seeds and simmer on low heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the vermicelli and keep cooking till it softens.
- Add the presoaked dry fruit and cook for 5 minutes and just before removing from heat add the kewra essence.
- Can be served hot or chilled.