How to Make Yakhni Pulao
- Mutton – ½ kg
- Rice – ½ kg
- Boil chick peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 thinly chopped
- Green chillies – 4 to 6
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1 medium piece
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Dry coriander – 2 tbsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Whole garam masala – 8 green cardamoms, 12 black peppers, 4 big cardamoms,
8 cloves, 4 to 5 cinnamon stick, bay leaf, 1 tsp white zeera.
Put fennel seeds and whole dry coriander in a small cloth and tie it well.
- Take a pan, put oil or ghee and heat it up, then put chopped ginger, garlic and masala cloth and fry until it’s a ginger, garlic colour turned to light brown.
- Then put mutton and fry until the water is dry and mutton colour turned to white, then put whole masala and green chillies and fry.
- After 3 minutes, add onion and salt and fry until onion is soft, then add chick peas and fry well.
- Then put 1 ½ glass of water, cover and let it cook until the water starts boiling.
- Then put soaked rice and let it cook without cover.
- When the water is a bit dry and you can see the rice, then cook on dum for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When it’s ready, serve with green salad and raita.