Natural remedies for dark circles around the eyes to get rid of dark circles caused due to excessive stress, lack of sleep, lack of water or even unbalanced hormones. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, get ample sleep at night and eat healthy – nutrient deficiencies may be contributing to dark circles. Here are 8 effective remedies to help get rid of dark circles.
- Cucumbers: Place cold cucumber slices over your closed eyes for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cold metal spoons: Place 2 metal spoons in the fridge. When they are cold, place back of spoons on closed eyes.
- Potatoes: Place cold potato slices against your closed eyes for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Almond oil: Apply a small amount over dark circles before going to bed. Wash off with cold water in the morning.
- Crushed mint leaves: Crush mint leaves and apply over dark circles for 5 – 10 minutes. Wipe off with clean, damp cloth.
- Teabags: Cool used teabags left in the fridge. Apply to closed eyes for 10 – 15 min.
- Frozen vegetable wrapped in a towel: Wrap frozen veggie bag in clean towel. lay on closed eyes for 10 – 15 min.
- Rose water: Take cotton ball soaked in rose water and apply over eyelids for 10 min. You do not have to rinse afterwards.