Special Zafrani Zarda Rice for Eid, rich and tasty with khoya and gulab jamun.
- Sela Rice – 750g (soaked for 3 hours)
- Sugar – 450g
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Butter or ghee – 1 cup
- Ashrafies(candy fruit) – as required
- Mava (khoya) – 250g
- Gulab jamun – as required
- Green cardamoms – 4 to 5
- Pistachio – required
- Almond – as required
- Orange food colour – few drops
- If you using sela rice, then soak for at least 3 hours then wash and boil in double quantity water.
- When the rice is boiled, drain all the extra water.
- Now take a pan, add ghee, heat it up and fry green cardamoms, pour boiled rice, mix well.
- Then add sugar and mix it well.
- Then put on dum for 5 min on high heat, add saffron and food colour.
- Then put it on slow heat, spread some khoya and dry fruit.
- Now garnish with khoya, dry fruit and gulab jamun garnishing and serve.