Kachumber Salad is used like a side dish for a main meal. In Kenya, it is used as a condiment served with pulao or a meal of roasted meat. In Tanzania, it is eaten with rice pilaf or biryani. In Malawi, it is usually eaten on its own like any other salad dish.
- Cucumber – 1/2 peeled, finely chopped
- Onions – 2 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 finely chopped
- Lettuce – 1 cup chopped
- Lime juice -2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper crushed – 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Take a salad bowl, add all above ingredients, mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Hope you will like this simple and tasty salad.