Pizza Dough Recipe
If you want to make Restaurant style pizza at home. Here we suggest a easy pizza dough recipe to prepare the dough with which to make the bases. It is very advisable to use strong flour instead of pastry flour since you will obtain noticeably superior results. We also propose a professional pizza trick: the use of a small amount of malt powder. It will give a beautiful golden colour to your dough and make it more crispy.
Pizza Dough Recipe
Pizza dough ingredients:
- Strong flour – 500 gm
- Warm water – 250 ml
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Dry yeast – 1 packet 20 gm
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Dry extract of light malt powder – 1 tbsp (optional to get better color and crunchy texture of the pizza once cooked)
How to make Pizza dough:
- Put the water in a bowl and add the sugar and yeast. Let stand 5 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- In a mixer or in a large bowl add flour, malt powder and salt and mix.
- Gradually add the water with the yeast and oil and mix (either with the machine or by hand) until you get a ball of dough that we can knead.
- If it is too dry we add a little water and if it is too sticky, we add flour. Knead then for 5 to 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Cover it with a cloth and let it sit in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubles in volume.
- If you want to make thick pizzas (about 5 to 6 mm thick raw), then split the dough in two to make two pizzas.
- If you want to make thin pizzas (about 3 mm thick raw) then we divide the dough into three parts to make three pizzas about 20 cm in diameter.
- Using a rolling pin, roll pizza bases and then add the ingredients according to your choice.
- Bake the thick pizzas at 220 degrees and the thin ones at 240 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes on a lightly floured baking paper or on a special pizza rack.